Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dream Journal Seventy-six.


I dreamt a plethora of images. The dream culminated  in a  vivid scene. There stood, in the midst of a carnival,a tall tub of water,The carnival was in fact  probably not a carnival but a continuation  of the expansive dormitory compkex wherein, very long ago,I fled from and fought many foes. It had the dreary austerity of the Palomar College campus that had been  the setting of the dream , predominantly,before then.

 

The tub was, at any rate,a carnival atttraction. The atmosphere was one of my family paying visit to the Del  MarFaire shortly aftermybreak-upwith Ally.

 

I had this  dream the night I met Alexis.

 

            The pool was full of something like water but that might have been akin  to gelatin. The conscious impression, in retrospect, is that this did not post a mortal threat,but this is dubious.

 

People were lined up and crowded for an attraction.The pool was a game.A muscularm shortless man swam about insie. The cubic pool  was enclosed within a larger wooden structure  of the Same material: Vertical, wooden planks.The containing warehouse was open partly to the sky  and partly to the surroundings, yet its entire lower half appeared shut with the exceptionof a subtle path, austere and narrow as the entrance to a green building  housing a dumpster that ad mitted patrons to try the  challenge.

 

A diving board overlookedthe pool from several yards (I think six)above the water’s surface.The challenge was: Dive anf hit the water so gently that the muscle-man will not be  knocked over the edge of the pool.

 

Bystanders whohad presumably all ready gone stood  in a crowd about the pool. They were watching as my family ascended a lift to reach the jumping-off point.

 

As the lift,a wide platform, (wooden and rectangular,and presumably levitated by invisible ropes)pulled me up, I faced backwards, my back to the  wall  of the pool.

Looking down, I must have seen the Zen monks from Deer Park Monastery, an orthodox sect who had, prior to my steppingonto the platform, imparted upon me stern admonishment.

 

When I reached the top,my father had all ready gone. I watched my mother jump (neither my sister nor our dog had been With us). I did not get to jump by the end of the dream, if memory serves. I was too absorbed in watching my mother after she had jumped.

She landed crudely, yet I was not payingt attention to the muscle–man.She was treading water, not anxiously, but still frantically.

 
                                                dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment