Saturday, December 21, 2013

Dream Journal Seventy.


  1. The night was interrupted between two dreams by a harsh awakening.

The first dream I shall never forget.It was so vivid, even in memory, that chronicling it appears superfluous. The dream culminated in a colossal atrium like the library in Avatar:The Last Airbender and strongly reminiscent of the Observatory in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, if not also the broken bridge in the Summer Forest level of Spyro the Dragon: Ripto’s Rage.A circular platform was suspended over a wide pit that appeared bottomless. From this platform, two bridges extended towards each of the wide open arches that faced  

out in opposite directions, running diametrically across the chasm, interrupted only by the indent of the platform, which hung only a few but critical yards beneath the surfaces of the bridges. One had to climb, from the platform, along a ladder in order to reach these bridges, which then sloped downwards, forming something like the surface of a hill with a  very shallow well at its center. Along the perpendicular axis, two bridges extended outwards on the level of the platform,but the portals that they led to were smaller, markedly, and they presumably led astray.

            I had arrived by car at the entrance to this temple, driven by a somewhat older man who resembled Doug Martsch and Jesse. We had fled by a mountain road to the top of a hill.

The road was bordered to either side by green grass that had become dreary in hue. Night was setting in.I was fleeing a space alien. I was possessed of a paranoia of surpassing grimness.

            There wasatiny black  Toto dog that had comeby car with us.

He ran after us.In fact, I am unsure as to whether the dog had come in the automobile with us or not. I must have been flying from the dog at one point because I was worried that it might be the alien pursuant. I kept asking my companion for corroboration about this dog, who had been taken, of course, from the music video for ‘Run Around’ by Blues Traveler, was  ‘probably not an alien’.

The architecture was stony and most akin to the Gothic elements of Prince of Persia, sprawling and terrifyingly impersonal.

I was about to return to the outside, traveling in the direction of  where the car was parked, after a long and arduous attempt to escape into the tower. My comoanion told me to Remain with him. We were on the platform. I had begun to suspect that he was the alien from whom I had escaped.

The suspicion still felt unsubstantiated.

I began to climb the ladder, but the exertion of energy was either too great or I knew that  I  would  not overcome it in time.

            I told him that I would remain on the platform with him, coming back down. He grinned. I stood near the edge of the platform. He stood diagonally in front of me and to my right, in such a way that he could have blocked my passage should I have tried to climb the ladder again.

He cast me a look of malicious engagement. He held two hands out, facing one another by the palms as though a half-foot ruler were betwixt them. His hair was scraggly yet not entirely unkempt, as though he were a well-groomed homeless man. His eyes were manic in their calmness.

He pressed his hands against my stomach and, with a malicious start, rotated them as though he were turning a wheel. I felt intestinal discomfort.

He kept grinning. His teeth were jagged, Like those of Jason Brown, but he on the whole seemed to be most akin to a vampiric clown.

                                                dm.A.A.

 

2.   The second dream involved…


The memories seem to evade me as though there were no subconscious impulse to summon them, which is likely.

What I do recall is that I was charged with a task that I failed to complete. There was a familiar area whose structure, vertically, was dispersed over three levels.

I had descended to a platform in the middle level. The contents are probably superf - luous now,however. My child like intuition suggests that the matter has been unconsciously resolved, yet hopefully this is not hubris.

 

                                                            dm.A.A.

 

            I recall that I was a fugitive.I had to flee a terrible arrange-ment. I had been enlisted, so to speak, or otherwise contracted to participate in a company that was stationed in a complex very much akin to the shopping-mall arrangement that I had described in a prior dream as ‘what CSUSM would look like if it were subsidised by Apple’. The dream was set in the midst of this array.It was either so in reality or as the array appeared on a map that the buildings were light blue with light magenta neon signssignifying each building’s function. Ultimately, I had to flee because  I was no longer satisfied with my occupation.

This was probably by virtue of a scruple. I had to escape the complex. It was very akin to Palomar College in  its design.In close proximity to a guard, I escaped by findinga path that bordered what must have been tennis courts. I had been admonished against passing through the fence that encapsulated the array from the edge because it led to a cliff. I was unawareofthis fact. I was all ready being chased,or, more precisely, searchedor, within the mall when  I stumbled down the sideofan exquisitely steep cliff.

The evening sky was deep indigo with only the spirit of a jaded sapphire in it.  I propped myself up between the mountainside andtwo stone bars,mercifully outcropping.

I kept slipping, only able to slow my fall by keeping two limbs in these tiny grooves.The limbs must have been my arms.I did not see, ultimately, either how steep the mountainside had been, how close I was to falling over the edge, or what the bottom looked like and how far away it was.

            I ultimately regained my footing and escaped.

 
                                                            dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment