Saturday, December 21, 2013

Dream Journal Seventy-two.


I dreamt that my mother had died.

 

The dream, as far as I can remember, began again as I got off of a train, although in fact an d exquisitely and Arabesquely ornate storyline stretched out  prior to this.

What little I can recall of my adventures by train will probably become available to me again when I have spent more time riding the buses and the Sprinter.

All that sticks out in memory is a supermarket interior whose deceptive appearance of tranquility in making life had been replaced by the demeanour of the more warlike markets I had encountered in lower-income communities such as Freddie’s neighbourhood and the supermarket  in Carlsbad. Some sort of battle I know to have broken out in one of these markets, ifnot in last night’s dream then in an earlier one.

The thoroughly optimistic mind tends to draw attention to the beautiful and convenient and to leave the ugly for the Unconscious.

 

The first part of Mother’s episode began with my use of my old debit  card.I cal it ‘old’ now because its funds have been exhausted. The atmosphere of the environment was neither the exciting and unbridled sincerity of the Escondido Transit Station in Actual Life, nor the splendor of a balanced mind. There was something eerie and Kafkaesque about how bright and soaplike the Sun was, as though I were being prepared for a disturbing Anime that began on a morning that feigned serenity only to under scorethefact that suffering, tragedy, and terror could befall even on the brightest days.

 

The remainder of the dream was set within a house of shack-like quality but mansion proportion. This house was shared by my family, yet it felt as though we were merely staying there as though it had been leased to us. The only detail prior to the events pertaining to my mother’s death that I could remember as vividly was standing before a machine that mist have been taken directly from the ticket machine at the Escondido Station. It must have been situated on acement partition  between two roads, on the other side of which (to my left) shopfronts over-looked, although of this I am uncertain.

 

We were aware that mother was going to die. In fact,prior to our withdrawal into the house wherein the death would take place, we got wind of it whilst running errands desperately on the streets.

 

As mother paced about,most akin to Kitara as opposed to anyone else, serene and uninvolved, I struggled most with my guilt. Trying to enjoy her last moments in my Life, I could not assuage my phobia of the Oedipus complex, a suggestion that was byfar more numbingly depersonalizing than liberating.

 

Mother died and I was numb to the passing, as though a bomb had gone off miles away and we knew that it would but me could see neither it nor the countdown. The dream continued afterwards.There was no one to console and little pressure to do anything.Life went on, but we did not know in which direction it was heading or what our place in it was.

 
                                    dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment