Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dream Journal Eighty-one.


Mochi admitted to having done methamphetamine in last night’s dream.

 

The dream was set in large part in Palomar College. The campus had been extended to the proportions of an exceptionally complex city.A large episode of the dream was set in the theatre. I was involved in the production. This is not the first time that such a thing had occurred in dream. Yet it was the first time that I had performed with such temerity and an almost total absence of fear as to whether or not I remembered my lines. My memory was more confident, albeit still sketchy.

 

I was alarmed by how little intimidation I found within myself. On-stage, although I had presupposed that I  was playing an important role, I found that I had very few lines to deliver.At any rate,  I did not feel intimidated, beyond a limited degree, by the length of the play or how little I knewand remembered of my lines. It was as though I could improvise the lines and knew the play by heart, with painful ease.

 

Later, I met outside the fortified structure of the college castle. This may have been the same fortress at the beginning of this book. The dream took on the quality of a film as  night al most set in.I am reminded now most of the temptation to watch Drive’.

 

I met Bobby and Gabe.

There were many other people whom I did not know.

I was carrying a bottle of some sort. At one point, someone put some kind of vulgar and deplorable substance, like feces,*into the liquid,while I  was not looking. I was unnerved. This must have happened next to atree in the enclosed lawn that we were in. The lawn was enclosed  by a wall like the wall  enclosing a city.

 

I played in a band with Bobby and Gabe, I think.I also rode the train very frequently. The pervasive mood was hostile and restless angst,but it was not harsh; it felt like the sort of environment that did not mean to be impersonal. The details escape me.

 

                        dm.A.A.

 

* or dirt and cigarette butts.

 

 

Cont.

 

I was following Gabe, at one point, to arrive at some destination. I did not know what we were seeking.

 

I must have come into conflict,at one point, with a terrifying monster in the figure of a puzzle piece.

 

There was some task that I had to accomplish towards the end of the dream. I cannot remember what it was. I awoke in a state of agitation. I perpetually failed to attain this marginal goal.The task necessitated that I ride the train to some location. It was imparted upon me by a scholastic authority.
 

I visited, also, the attic of a house.The house was a museum. I had been there in a dream before.

 

The environments of the dream were sprawling.They were reminiscent of the long racing level in Crash Team Racing that was set in the mayan temple.

 

It is possible, however,that I am revisiting the memories of prior dreams.

 

There was a riotous uproar in the city. People were rushing and fleeing.

 

These events are recurring motifs and may be mere memories.*                   dm.A.

 

 

*The reason, possibly, that I regard these details with a minimal sense of importance may be that they are symbolic only of memories.

 

                                    dm.A.A.

 

However,they could be fragments of my Shadow.

Gabriel informed me, when I asked if Carl’s,Jr. was still hiring, that they[would] be hiring in  a week.’

 

I regret that the remaining peculiarities slip my mind by such a margin. I was in the band room and the Marching Band program again. I saw Connor and Shawn. I showed up periodically. I missed some rehearsals, but not the final show. I still remember the faces of my acquaintances as we stood in regiment,ready to take the field. I also recall haunting the Concert hall backstage after the final concert,and in the interim.I was in my attire,but my demeanour was uninvolved.

 

                                    dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment