Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dream Journal Eight.

Last night's dream involved Elliott Smith. The details mostly escape me. He might have been performing at some venue. Perhaps it was in the vicinity of Palomar College.

Regardless of the context, the symbolism is not at all lost on me. Elliott was a brilliantly evolved individual who may very well have consorted with others who did not give him enough credit and who may have in fact been unworthy of his companionship. He allowed his guilt to consume him and his conflicts to overwhelm him, for he did not have the temerity that Tom Waits had to persevere even through the inevitable isolation of being a misunderstood genius.

I must not fall into that. I am too readily perceptive and too harshly recriminative of my failures.

dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment