Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dream Journal Forty-five.


The details of the dream areall but gone to me, as though submerged under a layer of hard cement, like dirt.

 

I might have visited Palomar College again.That recurring motif, were it true, would suggest the feeling of being  encroached upon by naive adolescents.

 

The warlike attitude  of the dream seemed borroweddirectly from ‘God of War’. It may very well have been representative of the feeling of hostility and aggression that I feeltowards both Andrew and Anothony fortheir adolescent attitudes.Andrew, in this case, would naturally have been identified with the video game because of the night that he visited, thoroughly and neurotically narcissistic in energy, and played it. It is important to note that, while he excelled and even surpassed me, moving beyond the point that I had reached in a display of technical skill, he held the controller almost abusively, deriving noJOy from the game,disappointed that it would not assuage his suffering.

 

Anthony seemed appro priate to the dream by virtue of his Ares-like quality, as well as his almost militaristic, compulsive attitude towards mysticism.

 

Of course, both of these gentlemen, in actual life, I battle with. Perhaps the dream suggests that I change my strategy. I must Accept that I am a war and that a diplomatic strategy would be merely a surrender.

 

                                                dm.A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment